Avera CARE ASSISTANT in Aberdeen, South Dakota
JOB SUMMARY: The Care Assistant provides personal care for elderly, convalescent or disabled persons in home or facility settings. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care for the population served by Avera@Home.
REQUIRED EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
· High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is preferred.
· Experience in home health care or related health care field preferred.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATION, LICENSURE, and/or REGISTRATIONS:
· This position requires a valid driver's license and that the employee is insurable by the Avera Health automobile liability insurance carrier.
· Healthcare Provider CPR (Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation) certification required or must be obtained within 30 days of hire.
· Nursing assistant certification preferred.