Avera Clinic Coding Specialist in Sioux Falls, South Dakota
JOB SUMMARY: The Professional Clinic Coding Specialist provides consultant services to health information management departments, clinic and billing offices with ICD-9-CM, CPT, and HCPCS coding review, DRG and APC reimbursement issues, chargemaster reviews, and coordination of information between medical record and billing departments. Assists in the organization and presentation of educational workshops and seminars for Avera and non-Avera facilities. Reviews and disseminates information relating to state and federal regulations and JCAHO Standards as they apply to a health information management in acute, long term, and ambulatory care facilities.
REQUIRED EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelor's or Associate's Degree in health related field is preferred.
· Minimum of five year's experience in ICD-9-CM and CPT coding.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATION, LICENSURE, and/or REGISTRATIONS:
· Registered or accredited by the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) or American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC) preferred.
· Certified coding credential by either AAPC or AHIMA.
· Applicants who are not certified are able to sit for the national exam within one year of employment.