Ingersoll Rand Contracting Project Manager in SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , Thermo King® , Trane® , American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit www.ingersollrand.com .
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
Managers all aspects of construction projects, from beginning to end, with direct responsibility for project execution while leading a team, or teams, to accomplish specific objectives in a given time frame and with available resources. Responsible for the administration, implementation and management of construction projects. Accountable for assigned projects’ scope of work, schedule and budget. In addition, this role is responsible for projects that have the following criteria:
- Sell price greater than $1M for Controls: greater than $2M for Turnkey or PACT.
- Mixture of Division 17, Turnkey, PACT and Joint Ventures.
- Project may exceed 1 year, having high strategic value the District Office and One Trane.
- Multiple technologies, vendors and subcontractors.
- High degree of customer interface.
- Contract may contain penalty clauses and or liquidated damages.
- Trane may be Prime Contractor.
- Project may include general construction systems and technologies, outside of Trane’s core competency.
- Required to manage lower level Project Managers.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other functions may be assigned.
- Typically requires a Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Construction Management with a minimum of 5 years of experience or ten years of experience in the construction Industry or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Responsible for timely completion of assigned projects and customer satisfaction.
- Plans and analyzes assigned projects, establishes schedules and project parameters and sets procedures to accomplish system objectives, involving complex contracting applications.
- Examines and reviews contracts and estimates by performing risk analysis and developing risk plans.
- Ensures compliance with internal contracting processes.
- Meets with contractors and owners to discuss scope of project; budgets; performance; and close-out.
- Supports the sales function by assisting with quote preparation and proposal.
- Establishes an operations budget for assigned projects by revising the original estimate based on validated project scope.
- Responsible for maintaining the project budget to forecasted values.
- Creates and makes revisions to project schedules including: generating tasks, estimates, dependencies; milestones, CPM Analysis; and Histogram Analysis.
- Oversees the following: preparation of Trane material and vendor orders; recording the receipt of materials and approving payments.
- Prepares sub-contractor request for quotation’s (RFQ) including: scope statements; plans and milestone dates; specs; bonding requirements; and billing schedule of values.
- Receives and qualifies subcontractor proposals; supervises work of project assigned staff, subcontractors and installers.
- Generates technician work orders: and prioritizes tasks.
- Responsible for project cash-flow management: progress billing, collections support and monitoring, and resource management.
- Responsible for change order management by recommending solutions, facilitating quotes and closing orders.
- Ensures that quality standards are maintained for assigned projects.
- Maintains customer satisfaction by investigating concerns, implementing corrective action, and communicating with customers and assigned staff.
- Establishes professional relationship and communicates with field support staff and customers and their representatives. Interfaces constantly to maintain accurate status reports and project reviews.
- Obtains acceptance and timely sign-off of the project by the customer.
- Responsible for the successful transition of warranty to the service process.
- Flexibility to work outside normal work hours/weekends, as required.
- Some travel with occasional overnight stays.
Manages subcontractors and other assigned project resources as required. Perform supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Assists in interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Educational Requirements - Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Construction Management with a minimum of 5 years of experience or nine years of experience in the construction Industry or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: SIOUX FALLS-South Dakota
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Nov 30, 2018, 6:04:16 PM
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to hiring qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.