Avera GENETIC COUNSELOR in Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Avera Cancer Institute
We are seeking a Full Time Cancer Genetic Counselor to join a rapidly growing practice at our Avera Cancer Institute. Tuition Assistance and/or Sign-On Bonus are available, along with relocation assistance. This position would provide coverage for Oncology and Maternal Fetal Medicine departments with the opportunity to expand into Neurology, Endocrinology and/or Cardiology in the future.
Position Roles and Responsibilities
· Expertise in clinical genetics and genetic counseling
· Provide counseling, coordination of care and genetic testing for individuals and/or families with cancer.
· Serve as an educational resource for patients, families, providers, and medical staff.
· Multidisciplinary team approach with weekly tumor boards
· Collaborate with a highly engaged and supportive team of physicians and healthcare providers including breast surgeons, medical oncologists, gynecologic oncologists, gastroenterologists, and nurse navigators.
· Opportunity for collaboration with our MFM department, if desired
· Opportunities for clinical research
· Master's degree (MS) in Genetic Counseling, or an applicant who is in the process of completing their Master's degree from a program accredited by the ACGC.
· Required to be board certified, or eligible for certification as a Genetic Counselor by either the American Board of Genetic Counseling or the American Board of Medical Genetics.
Why Sioux Falls?
Looking for a balance between small-town vibe and urban opportunity? Sioux Falls, SD is a fast growing community that offers the conveniences and entertainment opportunities of a large city with the sense of community and ease of living of a small town (http://visitsiouxfalls.com/why-sioux-falls/).
Avera's focus is on patient-centered care with an emphasis on compassion, kindness, and empathy. The Avera Cancer Institute is comprised of six locations connecting cancer patients across the region to the latest treatments and technology. Avera has the largest cancer care team in the region and is on the cutting edge of treatment with the Avera Center for Precision Oncology.
What Makes Avera Special