Avera NEONATAL NURSE PRACTITIONER in Sioux Falls, South Dakota
JOB SUMMARY: In collaboration with the attending physician, the NNP provides advanced practice nursing management of patients in the delivery room, newborn nursery, NICU and other units as requested. The NNP utilizes an advanced knowledge base and advanced technical skills in the delivery of care. The NNP promotes and pursues professional growth in the following ways: participates in continuing education to referral hospitals, pursues professional continuing education for self, and maintains involvement in special projects such as professional publication and clinical research.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
· Master's degree or Doctorate of Nursing Practice required.
· 2-3 years of Level III NICU experience preferred.
CERTIFICATION, LICENSURE, and/or REGISTRATIONS:
· Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of South Dakota and/or meeting the requirements of Multi-state licensure required.
· South Dakota Certified Nurse Practitioner license required.
· Neonatal Certification Council (NCC) as a NNP required.