Avera NURSE PRACTITIONER in Sioux Falls, South Dakota
JOB SUMMARY: Assumes responsibility and accountability for the provision of health care, medical management, assisting in surgery and education of patients at the clinic and hospital in collaboration with the neurosurgeon. Nurse Practitioners practice under the rules and regulations of the Nurse Practice Act of the state in which they work.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
· Graduate of an NLN accredited school of nursing or equivalent; graduate of an accredited Nurse Practitioner program required.
· Master's or doctorate degree required.
CERTIFICATION, LICENSURE, and/or REGISTRATIONS:
· An active CNP license is required.
· Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of South Dakota and/or meeting the requirements of Multi-state licensure required.
· Federal and State DEA certification is required for South Dakota and Iowa employees.
· Federal DEA certification only is required for Minnesota and Nebraska employees.