Avera RN - C in Sioux Falls, South Dakota
JOB SUMMARY: The Department of Nursing at Avera McKennan requires all nurses to practice at a competent level of nursing care and demonstrate a competent and professional level of behavior in his/her role as a RN. The American Nurses Associations (ANA) scope and standards of practice are exemplified within the position description. The Registered Nurse is responsible for utilizing the nursing process to provide nursing care for the patient. He/she assumes responsibility and accountability for his/her individual actions and outcomes of patient care delivered on his/her shift.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
· Graduate from a CCNE or NLN accredited nursing program is strongly preferred. Graduate from an approved nursing program is acceptable.
· Bachelor's degree in nursing preferred.
CERTIFICATION, LICENSURE, and/or REGISTRATIONS:
· Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state of South Dakota or meeting the enhanced Nursing Compact Licensure (eNLC) requirements is required.
· Licensure as a Registered Nurse in the states of North Dakota, Iowa, Wyoming, Nebraska, Montana, New Hampshire, Texas, Minnesota, Kansas, Vermont, Maine and Colorado is required within 120 days of employment.
· Certification in specialty preferred.
· Membership in a professional organization preferred.
· Completion of Child & Dependent Adult Abuse for Iowa Mandatory Reporters course required for Iowa employees within 90 days of employment and every 5 years thereafter.